Club History content

The Cottonwood Country Club is rich in tradition and memories. Located in Holladay, Utah, the Club was founded in the 1950's by a small group of people, mostly from the "Cottonwood" area, who desired to start a family-oriented club that would include swimming, tennis, horseback riding, golf and clubhouse facilities.

Property for the Club was purchased from the Moyle Estate and in 1955, ground was broken on the first phase of construction. Initial improvements consisted of the swimming pool, locker house, two tennis courts and horseback riding facilities. In 1959, the original clubhouse was built, at a cost of $85,000.

Over the years, the Club has developed into the full-service, family-oriented facility of today. We are grateful to the founding members of the Club for their vision and willingness to devote considerable time and resources to this endeavor. The Club is currently working on a long-term master plan for its facilities, to insure that the benefits of the Cottonwood Country Club will be preserved for generations to come.

In 2012 the Cottonwood Country Club began a two-phase construction project. Phase 1 began in October of that year and included the removal of the existing pool, tennis office, junior locker area and four tennis courts. On June 1st of 2013 the Club's new pool area opened featuring a 6 lane, 25 meter lap pool with diving board and slide, a 2 feet deep kids' splash pool, and a cabana that provides poolside food and beverage service. Phase 1 also included three brand new post tension tennis courts and a new tennis patio area to complement our remaining eight tennis courts.

In February of 2013 Phase 2 of the project began and consisted of demolishing the original clubhouse and rebuilding a brand new, state of the art facility that opened on December of 2013. The new clubhouse consists of a modern restaurant and bar areas that include outdoor dining options with beautiful views of Mount Olympus, outdoor fireplaces and a banquet area that features views of our pond.